Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Already?

I know everyone says this, but as you get older time really does fly by so quickly. I'm at work wondering how Christmas is already over?!? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I work in retail and I'm constantly living in a world 6 or 7 months early trying to plan for the 4th of July in December.

Then, yesterday I was trying to gather all of our 2012 pictures into a family yearbook (thanks YHL for the idea) and I realized that our entire year revolved around a few large events, and nothing really memorable in between them. Dumb.

New Year's resolution 1: Try to take pictures of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I don't care how embarrassed I feel, I need to document the little moments in life that I apparently forgot about in 2012. Oops.

There was a lot that happened last year that I just didn't take the time to enjoy/remember/grieve… and I would really like to make an effort to appreciate every day this year, rather than just waiting for the weekends or big trips and holidays. Hopefully that will also slow things down a little bit for me.


Along those lines, I want to say that working on the "family yearbook" yesterday was really fun and I've decided to make it a family tradition for New Year's Day. It feels weird calling it a family yearbook because its just me, Mr. Husband and our little Mitz-Mitz… but we're pretty self important and we for-sure need a yearbook for the three of us. I highly recommend doing this for your family as well!


Another New Year's Day tradition: working on our family budget. I really love my husband for managing the $$$, and for trying to keep me in line…. If it were up to me, we would be in BIG trouble. All of our friends are starting to have babies and I think we're both freaked out about how our lives (lifestyle) is going to change when a little gina or little mr. husband comes along. Oh well, apparently babies are pretty awesome and fulfilling (not to mention needy, loud, sticky, stinky, and permanent - but who's keeping track).

I told my sweet friend Oh Louise that her son (scheduled to arrive february 14) is going to be the determining factor for me. Pressure's on baby Boynton!

(from one of the bigger moments of 2012... SNOW... on Christmas Day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment