Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Things I'm lovin' right now....


Flower Vases from Anthropologie 
Happy Birthday to me! I was in line behind a cute TCU sorority girl who was buying a few of these and at the time I didn't really think I had a spot for them. Then, about a week later I received my Anthro 15% off birthday card and it was a done deal - spot or no spot!

I had to re-arrange a few things, but they look great above above my new stainless refrigerator.
(chrysanthemum, anemone, pansy, bouquet)




Bali Offering Basket
I found this at Tuesday Morning and knew it would be perfect for my coffee table. I had been looking for something to store things that I would rather keep tucked away when guests are over. The price was amazing, and even more amazing when the lady helping me at checkout told me that I was missing the top half.... "Say what??!!"

Yes, this is an offering basket made in Bali. It is essentially a box. So, not only did I get the bottom piece that I use under my coffee table, I also got the top half that I'm keeping stored away until I can figure out a way to make it work and show off the pretty design on the top. L.O.V.E it!




Vintage Map Coasters
Also a new addition to our coffee table are these great coasters my esq. sister gave me for Christmas. You can have them made from maps of any city/state you want, and they also have vintage postcards and ads - nothing is reproduced. I realize that several people make these and I could probably make them myself, but the fact that my sister found them in Cape Cod and they're unique makes me love them even more!

Here's a fun article about them with more pics!



My Rescue Fiddle Leaf Fig
Mr. Husband and I rescued this poor little guy from the nursery not too long ago. It was missing eaves, and several of the remaining leaves were damaged and turning brown around the edges. I'm a sucker for any plant (especially ones that get marked to clearance which to me is like the little runt puppy that no one wants), so we loaded it up and took it home.

For a while, leaves continued to brown and fall off. I couldn't find a spot in my house that it liked, so I called my mom who has had one thriving in her home for the last 9 years (its now reaching the top of their 12' dining room ceiling). Finally, we found the right spot for sunlight, and she helped me replant it to make sure the soil completely drains after every watering. LOOK!! New growth! I'm beyond happy! Fiddle Leaf Figs are slow growing, so I'll have to be patient, but its going to be a really beautiful plant in the long run.

This plant is super popular right now in the design/blog world (abode love here and here, Honey We're Home, Emily Henderson, Elle Decor, I could go on and on) and should be relatively easy to care for if you're looking for a good house plant. If you're going to pick one up or if you're having trouble with one you already have, email me and I can give you some pointers!




PS - did you know they're remaking The Sound of Music and Carey Underwood is going to play Maria???? Its true! Not sure how I feel about Carey Underwood as a would-be nun??






No comments:

Post a Comment