Monday, January 21, 2013

Remember that Christmas List?

Okay, so I didn't get it for Christmas.... but I did get it for my birthday two days later!
I was completely shocked, because a few days after I sent Mr. Husband the link to the painting, it sold.

I knew there was no way that he had acted so quickly (this is a man who has been known to wait until day of to buy my birthday present), and that some other lucky lady was going to have Flowers for Lady in her house. Its a good thing that I found that out while we were in Hawaii, because I didn't have a lot of time to feel sorry for myself while basking in the sun of paradise.

Mr. Husband knew I was upset, and that he was going to be in SERIOUS trouble come Christmas if he didn't have something from Laurel Dawn (Abode Love). So, being the amazing husband he is, we contacted her to see if she could paint another similar to Flowers for Lady... one that I'm now proud to call Flowers for Gina!


Here she is! I can't wait to get her displayed on the wall. Mr. Husband and I are planning to tackle that project next weekend.... I'll keep you posted!


PS - It turns out that Miss Laurel Dawn had just found out she was preggers and really sick when she painted this for me... which makes me appreciate the fact that she did it even more. Can't wait to see her nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment