Monday, January 28, 2013

Tuesday Morning Treasures

This past weekend, I was able to do some thrifting with my Mom. She's the only person I can do this with, because she actually spends more time digging through everything than I do. If you're patient, and can commit to using your imagination (and lots of hand sanitizer), then you will be able to walk away with some awesome thrifty finds.

Here are a few of the items we found this weekend. I have a few additional pieces that I'm going to post about later... a little DIY thrift store makeover treasures!


This mirror we found at Goodwill for $45. It was large (approx 3.5' x 3.5') and solid wood with beveled glass. It was kind of shabby chic and wouldn't need any refinishing if you're into that, but I was thinking it would look awesome in a fun color like yellow or coral!


I really L.O.V.E. this barcart. This was in a suburban antique mall for $99! If it had been in a Dallas antique mall we would be looking at at least double that. If any of you out there live in the area and want the details, let me know!



Clothes. Some people are kind of freaked out by finding clothing in thrift stores - and sometimes I am too. For some reason if they are a nice label it makes me think that they couldn't have come from that bad of a place, right? Either way, I wasn't really even looking, but these four tops kind of found me.

1) Ann Taylor Loft sweater, 2) Equipment mint green silk button down, 3) Theory pink linen button down, 4) Ann Taylor leopard print cardigan.... total? um $22.28! plus the dry cleaning, bill of course.



And don't forget about Craigslist...

Table and Chairs for $120. I'm thinking these chairs would look pretty awesome with some white lacquer paint and new fabric on those cushions!


Hutch, $350. Not bad as it is, but would be really fun to add a little bit of trim to it, paint it, paint or wallpaper the back wall of the shelves with a good pattern. I would probably find some new handles and straighten up those cabinet doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment